Happy New Year!!
On April 20th 2020, Subversive Gaming started with a few people with a simple idea; To create a community with the basic philosophies of the first gaming communities and that is to bring people together and play games. To keep toxicity, drama and power outside of the community and to be a safe place for all gamers, whatever their; race, gender, religious/political views etc. All people are welcome, we’re an adult community and that’s the only requirement to being part of the community.
Over the last eight months, we’ve endured a lot. COVID 19 has made growth difficult as people were fed up of being stuck in gaming. What was a hobby, an escape from reality started to become a reality for some and that’s when some things began to get hard. However, with the strength and dedication of our leadership team, our directors, our members and our supporters; we’ve managed to push through and become something even I never thought we could accomplish in the time we’ve been here.
So far we’ve accomplished;
- We’ve reached a steady two-hundred members.
- We’ve got two League of Legends eSports teams, which are heading into leagues in the new year.
- We’ve created a team dedicated to the support of Streamers within the community.
- We’ve got a good team of leaders, directors and members that’ll drive the community into the next phase.
In the early new year, we look to;
- Start tryouts for;
- Call of Duty; Cold War, Modern Warfare and possibly Warzone
- Apex Legends
- Rocket League
- Push the boundaries of our Streamer Division, start networking with other streamers and communities to provide a better system of growth for our streamers.
Subversive Gaming has been an anchor, and a crutch for a lot of people this year, particularly me. We’ve weathered the storm, and we’ll continue to do so. We’ll continue with the idea that everyone should be treated with respect and toxicity is not acceptable regardless of the circumstances.
So Happy New Year, Subversive Gaming. I hope the next year is something that brings you all immense joy and I sincerely hope that you all find that something that makes you happy this year.
Chief Executive Officer & Chairman of The Council